Tuesday, October 6, 2015

So I got bored and I did a thing (Warning: Language)

As I've said multiple times, I have a hate/love relationship with the 2015 Cinderella gown but this has not stopped me from wanting to make two versions of the dress. I know I'm totally cray cray, I blame my Asperger's. 

Anyways, I bought some very fine sheer polyester at JoAnn's and, well, one of the dresses has gone up on my list. I did a Photoshop test to get a general idea on how it would look like and here's the result (bonus before pic included):


Okay, I cheated and used this image of the official cardboard cutout since it's on a white background and the skirt looks not as big. So, after a few hours and episodes of Kevin and Ursula Eat Cheap, here's the result:

Things I've noticed while doing this:
  • The lining on the bertha (the overly poofy thing that's on her shoulders and has all of those God Damn Butterflies) is some kind of fleshy color and completely different fabric from the bodice; I thought they were made out of the same fabric.
  •  I suck at Photoshop. I wanted to keep the iridescent in the under fabric in while getting rid of the blue, change the neckline more and completely remove the God Damn Butterflies.
  • On the up side, I've managed to make it look like the original dress from the cartoon crossed with the pink dress from the new one while making the God Damn Butterflies look less noticeable.
  • In case you haven't realized it yet, the least favorite thing about the dress was those God Damn Butterflies, so you can imagine how satisfying it was to edit them.
  • I also altered Lily's hair and somehow made her look paler. 
Anyways, I'm happy with the overall look

No comments:

Post a Comment